Indiana divorce and family law attorney fights for your rights.
When you are confronting a case that will impact the future role you play in your child’s life or your
financial standing for years to come, it is critical to work with an experienced Kokomo, Indiana divorce
lawyer who will work diligently to secure the most favorable outcome for your case. At the Peelle Law
Office, we focus on helping clients resolve family law issues like divorce, paternity, child support,
property division, custody in Kokomo and the surrounding areas in Howard, Miami, Tipton, Cass, Clinton,
Grant and Carroll County communities.
Offering Comprehensive Family Law Services throughout Indiana
We offer counsel and representation to clients in the following practice areas:
- The outcome of your divorce can have lasting effects on your life and your relationship with your children, so it is important that you have a lawyer on your side who will aggressively advocate for your interests. At the Peelle Law Office, we will meet with you and determine your objectives. We will then create a legal strategy that is designed to achieve them. Whether this means resolving the matter through negotiations or fighting for your position in court, we will zealously advocate for you.
- Property division
- Indiana is an equitable distribution state, meaning that the court will divide your marital property equitably – but not necessarily evenly. The court considers numerous factors in determining how to divide a married couple’s assets. We will use our extensive knowledge of Indiana family law to fight for a distribution that will best serve your interests. We can also negotiate out of court for a fair settlement.
- Child custody
- Child custody dictates which parent the child will spend the most time with and who will have the right to make major decisions regarding your child. You and the other parent may agree to the basics of child custody but may wish to formalize this arrangement with the court. In other scenarios, parents are unable to reach an agreement and need the services of an experienced child custody lawyer who can convince the court of why you should be the primary custodial parent.
- Child support
- Indiana recognizes the right of a child to receive financial support from both parents, even if the parents are no longer together. Child support in Indiana is calculated by figuring the weekly gross income of each parent and then making adjustments based on their specific circumstances. The court can also consider other factors when determining child support obligations, such as the cost of child care or health insurance. Noncustodial parents who spend more time with their children can receive parenting time credits. Our lawyers are knowledgeable about these guidelines and can argue the factors that will adjust the child support obligation in your favor.
- Indiana courts recognize the importance of having both parents play a meaningful role in their children’s lives. Unless it would clearly be against the child’s interests, Indiana courts will generally award visitation to non-custodial parents. If the other parent is being unreasonable and blocking your visitation, we can help protect your rights.
- Paternity actions
- Before visitation or child support can be ordered, it is often necessary to legally establish paternity of a child. We can request a paternity test or formalize the paternity situation of your child to advance your interests.
- Fathers’ rights
- At the Peelle Law Office, we believe in protecting the important role that fathers play in their children’s lives. We will aggressively defend your fathers’ rights so that you can continue to have a meaningful impact on your child’s life.
- Spousal support actions
- If you and your spouse have disparate incomes and you need financial support after making sacrifices to help your family, we can request spousal support as part of your divorce action.
- Post-decree proceedings
- Changes may occur after a divorce that warrant a change in the decree. We can help you fight for needed changes or defend against them.
- Modifications of child custody or support
- If a material change occurs that may impact child custody or child support, we can help argue why a change is necessary.
What You Can Expect from the Peelle Law Office
Jeremy Peelle has lived in Kokomo, Indiana since 1977 and he is devoted to helping his community in
every way possible. He is dedicated to providing exceptional representation to clients in the area. By
working closely with clients on a one-on-one basis, he is able to identify your legal needs and the
underlining issues. This allows him to deliver highly personalized and effective legal services to each and
every one of his clients. To have the Peelle Law Office create a tailored legal strategy for your case,
contact us online or by calling (765) 450-6851.